Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jamaica Plain Restaurant - Fill Belly's - Review

After that fried chicken place on Washington St. in Jamaica Plain closed down, I was wondering where I could satisfy that occasional craving for fried chicken. Fill Belly's recently opened but I didn't really notice it until I got an Amazon/Living Social (by the way, if you click on my link, you'll get $5 off for signing up) deal for the place. It was a $5 for a $10 coupon deal so it wasn't a lot to risk. The yelp reviews seemed positive so I went for it. Fill Belly's is now my new go-to place for fried chicken. Sure, I can now scoot to Popeye's but Fill Belly's is just a short walk from my house. They've received rave reviews but I thought a few extra pictures would help spread the word. Their most recent review is on JP Patch.

Fillbelly's on Urbanspoon
The menu is very small. They have: chicken & waffles, mac & cheese, mac & soul casserole, bosolitos (several kinds), and the sampler. That's it. They have soda but the food menu is short. When I was there, the chef was still making the mac & cheese so I just had the chicken & waffles (only $5!) and some bosolitos to go. The prices are all reasonable for any poor student so I wouldn't hesitate to go back any time I don't feel like cooking. The most expensive dish is the sampler (a bit of everything) for $8. Seriously, this is probably one of the best deals in the area.

So, what's a "bosolito"? Well, I suppose it's like a samosa or empanada. It's a dumpling filled with some kind of savory filling and deep fried. The chef cuts each one into two pieces for you so it's easier to eat. They have chicken flavors and a vegetarian option.

Chicken and Waffles to go
The fried chicken was seasoned well.
The waffles were dusted with powdered sugar. This was the first time I had chicken and waffles. The sweet and salty combination was very good! In case you need more sweetness, it comes with a little container of syrup.

Bosolitos (fried dumplings)

So, if you're in the mood for some tasty food for not much money, check this place out. It's diagonally across the street from BMS Paper Company. If you're in the area, stop by Fill Belly's for some grub.




3 comments:

  1. I think you missed your chance, It seems like this place took all our money and shut down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just there two days ago. What do you mean "took all our money"? Did you order catering or something?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great explanation, thanks for the posting!
    Restaurant Equipment

    ReplyDelete